Stretch film is a powerful insulating material that is ideal for keeping your food fresh and storing them without spoiling for a long term. Accumulated static electricity on the surface of the film can adhere to many smooth reflecting surface. In particular, against the possibility of welding of protective layer by foods with high amount of fat or sugar, in microwave ovens, it is not recommended to conduct cooking while stretch film is directly in contact with foods. For such kind of work, you can choose COOK Microwave Stretch Film product.
Just like aluminum foil, stretch film can be used to provide hygiene and store food for a long time.
Especially COOK Stretch Films intended for industrial use can prevent the disintegration of product or package groups; so you can move them easily. With such feature, stretch film is the preferred material in home and office transportation .
• COOK Stretch Film box should be opened properly as per instructions for practical and long-term use.
• Handles located on both sides of the box are previously marked for easy opening.
• By pressing with your both fingers on handles, ensure proper tearing in a way to enter into the roll.
• Carefully open the package by pulling the serrated region on the edge of the box.
• Hold from the excess porting without removing the film roll outside the box.
• Pull out the film as much as you will use while gently gripping the box with one hand.
• Turn the box gently and tear the film properly using a special knife on the edge.
In its alternative uses, it is known that stretch films are used for keeping neonates warm during transporting them to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or to relieve pain while intervention to burns in the absence of water. For example in cosmetic applications, wrapping newly tattooed areas with stretch film may prevent open wounds from becoming infected. Stretch film is an effective way of keeping moisture in the body for a short-term and ensure protection against microbes, but there are not enough scientific evidence regarding its use for losing weight. Especially for those with sensitive skin properties; it is recommended that longtime contact with the body should be avoided.
Outside the kitchen COOK Stretch Film can be used;
– Protecting sensitive electronic equipment such as computer keyboards or photo cameras from the adverse weather conditions,
– To prevent leaking or drying of partly used paints and liquids.
– You can cover your refrigerator shelves with COOK Stretch Film to keep them cleaner for a long and make it easier to clean.
Stretch films, refrigerator and oven bags used to be manufactured originally from polyvinyl chloride-or by its common name, PVC… at the beginning of 2000s, with the concern that some agents used as plasticizers my penetrate into fatty foods and pose health risks, PVC was replaced by low-density polyethylene (LDPE) materials and polymerized plastic.
Stickiness feature of LPDE lacking dangerous chemicals is lower compared to equivalents manufactured from PVC, it is suitable for health usage in kitchen. COOK Biodegradable Stretch Film manufactured from LPDE and does not contain phthalates that are added to increase flexibility and known to be harmful to health. Compared to PVC, it is produced using less energy and is environmentally friendly because it is 100% recyclable. To increase viscosity and elasticity in stretch film, research and development activities are continuing to find additional materials that do not pose threat on human and environmental health.
All manufacturers around the world are liable to prove that used materials are not toxic in accordance with ISO 10993. COOK Oven Bag and COOK Biodegradable Stretch Film today do not include especially Bisphenol A (BPA as abbreviated) play an active role in the production of materials such as plastic, nylon, polyester, and PVC.
Other Stretch Film Types
COOK Cut Stretch Film
Thanks to its perforated structure, you can easily pull and provide a healthy and hygienic environment for your foods.
COOK Printed Stretch Film
Using patterned stretch film you can make difference in your presentations, also protect your food from external effects and bacteria.